The Florida Constitution requires to value property at its "just value". "Just value" is the same as "market value" .
An opinion of market value must be based on objective observation of the collective actions of the market.
Market value is defined in The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice as: the most probable price which a property should bring in a competitive and open market under all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently, knowledgeably and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus. Implicit in this definition is the consummation of a sale as of specified date and the passing of title from seller to buyer under conditions whereby:
- buyer and seller are typically motivated
- both parties are well informed
- a reasonable time is allowed for exposure in the open market
- payment is made in terms of cash or in terms of financial arrangements comparable thereto
- the price represents the normal consideration fort he property sold unaffected by special or creative financing or sales concessions.
Real Estate Enterprises International, Inc.
Reduce your Real Estate taxes. Increase your bottom-line.
Real Estate taxes should be paid when due!
Any refunds due to reduced property assessments through the Value Adjustment Board are not issued until hearings are completed, decisions are approved, and files are audited by the Property Appraiser's office and transferred to the Revenue Collection Division where the refunds are processed.
For more information call: 954-831-4000
To lower your property taxes take advantage of our contingent fee based services.
are based on the assessed value of real property, hence the term ad valorem ("according to value") taxes, and the millage rate .